We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
• the use of enquiry and registration forms
• when you purchase any of our products or services
• the provision of your details to us either online or offline.
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
• Job title
• Company name
• Company address, phone and fax number
• Home address and phone number
• Mobile telephone number
• E-mail address
• Payment details such as credit card information
• Date of birth
• Educational history, work experience and other information from your CV if you provide this to us
• Market research data such as readership patterns.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
• providing our users with a personalised service
• processing orders, registrations and enquiries
• conducting market research surveys
• allowing users to participate in interactive features of our service, where they choose to do so
• running competitions, prize draws and promotions
• providing you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information)
• sharing your Data with third party organisations who offer products or services which we feel may be of interest to you (if you agree to receive such information)
• contacting you about specific recruitment opportunities if you register search criteria information on our recruitment site.
If you wish to receive information about SkemNews.com products or services or from other carefully selected organisations about products or services they offer please indicate your preferences using the consent boxes when providing us with your Data.
We may also disclose your information to business partners and to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, successors in title to our business or in accordance with a properly executed court order or as otherwise required to do so by law. We reserve the right to fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring or requesting us to disclose the identity or other usage details of any user of our sites.
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified by name):
• to build up marketing profiles
• to aid strategic development
• to manage our relationship with advertisers
• to audit usage of the site.
Some of the advertisements you see on SkemNews.com sites are generated by third party service providers. Some of these third parties generate cookies for statistical purposes on behalf of SkemNews.com, for example, for tracking how many unique users have seen a particular advertisement, and how many times they have seen it, and for providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. They do not contain personal information such as your name or email address.
SkemNews.com have appropriate measures in place to ensure that our users’ Data is protected against unauthorised access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. User Data may be transferred outside SkemNews.com to data processors such as fulfilment houses but they will act only on our instructions to provide the services required.
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the SkemNews.com sites and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organisations for them to send you details of products and services offered (as detailed above) you are deemed to provide your consent to any transfer of your Data to organisations based outside the European Economic Area.
User Access and Control of Data
If you wish to amend any of the Data which we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, please contact the Contact us section of our website
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to:
Company Secretary SkemNews.com, C/O Suite C10, Allied Business Centre, 1 Potter Place, Skelmersdale. WN8 9PW.
We may charge the statutory allowable fee for provision of this information.
Children Under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this Policy
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Third Party Cookies
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Google +, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.