West Lancashire College is proud to share the news that we have received a rating of ‘Good’ from Ofsted following a full inspection of NCG colleges in January.
Our vision is to be at the heart of the local community, recognised for the work we do in supporting social mobility through a skills and careers focused curriculum that connects individuals to opportunities and enables people to fulfil their potential throughout their lives. We will, by doing so develop the talent for our region, supporting young people, adults and apprentices to achieve their ambitions.
This grade of Good reflects the hard work and dedication of our colleagues and valued partners to ensure that the education and training we provide to our learners is of the highest standard.
The report highlights many positives about West Lancashire College, including:
- the good quality work experience and work placements we offer, and in particular the fabulous opportunities available to learners studying within The School of Medicine who have received relevant work experience in NHS facilities.
- how well our college responds to the demands of employers and to the needs of learners and our local community.
- the motivation of our learners to learn and to develop their skills and knowledge.
- the information and support our learners receive in their tutorial programmes about how to stay physically healthy and mentally well.
- our strong policy frameworks for quality, teaching, equality and diversity, and safeguarding.
- the positive destinations of our young people, adult learners and learners with high needs.
- the positive cultural shift of our Group and the shared goals of colleagues right across the country to provide high quality education to our learners.
Liz Bromley, CEO of NCG comments: “This is a really positive result, and one that reflects the hard work and dedication of the incredible colleagues across our seven colleges and Professional Services who share NCG’s goal to transform lives through exceptional education. As One NCG, we have driven the positive cultural changes needed since our last Ofsted inspection to ensure we have achieved our aims.
“NCG is an ambitious organisation, and we want to keep improving and do more for our learners and more for our communities. That means that we will continue this journey of transformation and work together to achieve Outstanding, optimising our Good rating to create new and exciting opportunities that will help us reach that ambition.”
Read West Lancashire College Ofsted Report in full here.