Albert Park, Melbourne has been host to the season opener since 1996 and has been the benchmark for all the drivers to test their progress from their various winter testing programmes.
The circuit uses sections of public roads circling Albert Park Lake. The track is a mixture of open and closed sections, giving the feel of a closed street circuit (such as Monaco) and an open bespoke built racetrack (such as Abu Dhabi). In all, there are 16 turns on the track.
- Can local hero Daniel Ricciardo continue his impressive form as the spearhead of the Red Bull charge?
- Will the Mercedes continue their dominance over the field?
- Maybe Williams’ resurgence to the top will continue and gain them a much deserved victory
- Will Ferrari achieve their target of at least 2 wins this season?
- Can McLaren find their feet and deliver a car that can contend with the top teams and give their drivers a fighting chance?
- Will the issues at Sauber threaten their chances at starting the race?
- Will the revived Marussia team have their drivers ready for the start of the season?
All these questions and more will be answered this weekend in Melbourne.
Its all to play for this season.
Stay tuned for reviews and previews of each race as the season progresses.