The next meeting of the Northern Evidence Academic Forum will take place online at 12pm on Wednesday 18 May, with a focus on the levelling up agenda.
Created by Transport for the North (TfN), the forum connects policymakers to the cutting-edge research undertaken by academics, and aims to enhance understanding of the range of social and economic issues affected by transport in the North of England.
This quarter’s meeting looks at Levelling Up Left Behind Places, TfN’s work on Regional Economic Development and Identifying Industrial Renewal Paths of Places for Levelling Up.
Speakers for this Northern Evidence Academic Forum include:
- Tom Jarvis, Senior Evidence and Analysis Officer Strategy at Transport for the North
- Brian Sloan, Research Manager at Transport for the North
- Professor Ron Martin, Professor of Economic Geography, University of Cambridge’
- Dr Ben Gardiner, Cambridge Econometrics
- Dr Enrico Vanino, University of Sheffield
Discussions and research from the forum will be fed into TfN’s Northern Evidence Hub, an open platform to host evidence and enable knowledge sharing from a single place.
To register for the forum, please visit our Eventbrite page. You can also follow us on Eventbrite for notifications of future meetings.