web analytics

Intruder Alarm Registration

Have you thought that if your alarm sounded for a long period, the noise would cause a serious disturbance to your neighbours if you were out for the day or on holiday?

Registering your intruder alarm with the Council is free and means the authority can alert a contact provided by yourself if your alarm goes off so it can be attended to as quickly as possible if you are away from home.

This can help you as your contact can then visit the property to see why the alarm has gone off. If your home has been broken into they can then ring the police. If the alarm has been set off for another reason or due to a faulty alarm system they can take the appropriate action.

Registering your alarm with the Council can save you money. Alarms, which have a 15 or 20 minute cut-out device fitted, can cause noise disturbance if there is a control panel fault or if the system repeatedly trips.

A continually sounding alarm, which causes disturbance to occupiers of neighbouring properties, can lead to action being taken under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005. In cases where reasonable cause of annoyance is likely, the audible alarm may be disconnected by the Council following any complaint and the owner of the alarm would have to pay the bill and pay a contractor to fix the alarm.

The Council’s scheme is only open to West Lancashire residents. To register your intruder alarm with the authority visit www.westlancs.gov.uk/alarm and fill in the online form.

Councillor Kevin Wright, portfolio holder for Health and Community Safety, said: “Signing up to the Council’s Intruder Alarm Registration Scheme can give you extra piece of mind when you are at work or away on holiday that someone can be contacted if your intruder alarm goes off.”

Lancashire Police also run an intruder alarm registration scheme. More details can be found on the Council website www.westlancs.gov.uk/alarm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *