Being able to use the internet is becoming increasingly important.
More and more organisations, including the council, are providing a range of services that mean you can access them at a date, time and venue more convenient to you by having them available online. You aren’t tied to opening hours, which may be inconvenient to you.
Such services can include paying bills, booking appointments, finding a job or reporting an issue such as flytipping, dog fouling or a faulty streetlight.
What’s more, contacting us online is free and you won’t be in a queue.
We know that for some, the internet can be daunting. But there is a lot of support available to help you to get online. This includes:-
* Digital champions are available in each One Stop Shop (in Halewood, Huyton, Kirkby and Prescot) – they are available to show you how to create an account with the council and carry out a number of transactions that you can then do in future from the comfort of your own home!
* Digital skills training courses – many of which are free of charge – are available in over 40 locations across Knowsley through the Family and Community Education Service. The courses will help to give you the access, skills, confidence and motivation to get online. To find out more, call 0151 443 2026 or visit www.knowsleyface.org.uk
* Computers are available to use free of charge in the One Stop Shops as well as libraries.
Once you are online, you can visit www.knowsley.gov.uk where you can:-
* Apply for it – Housing benefit or Council Tax reduction, school places, replacement bins and planning applications
* Book it – Pest control appointments, Registrars’ appointments and Taxi MOT’s
* Pay for it – Council Tax, Business Rates, Fixed Penalty Notices, planning applications, building control, housing act advances, housing benefit overpayments and right to buy repayments
* Report it – Abandoned vehicles, potholes, faulty street lighting, missing / damaged street signs, pest control, fly tipping, litter, missed bins, dog waste, and noise pollution
New online services also include informing the council of changes in the household – someone moving in / out of the home, a change of income, along with applying for a student discount on their Council Tax.
In addition, on www.knowsley.gov.uk, you can find out where your nearest free WiFi access is, when your next bin collection will be, how our Knowsley Works team can help you into employment or training, who your local councillor is and where your nearest leisure centre / doctor or dentist is through the ‘My Neighbourhood’ page.