Gardening enthusiasts keen to see some of the country’s top floral exhibitors and trade stands are being urged to get their tickets for this year’s Chorley Flower Show in advance at chorleyflowershow.com
People can save up to 20 per cent on the ticket prices by buying in advance for the Chorley Council-run show, which this year is being sponsored by Book in Style – an independent travel agent based in the North West, with shops across the region.
The spectacular Chorley Flower Show, which scooped a prestigious Lancashire Tourism Award for ‘Tourism Event of the Year, will return to Astley Park for the fifth year on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 July.
Rebecca Huddleston, Chorley Council’s Director of Policy and Governance, said: “Chorley Flower Show continues to grow in popularity year on year and we would encourage people to get their tickets as soon as possible to make sure they don’t miss out on the advance rate, which offers up to 20 per cent off.
“After four successful years behind us, which included winning event of the year at the Lancashire Tourism Awards, the show is now firmly on the horticultural map with people travelling from far and wide to see the top-quality exhibitors in the unique setting of Astley Park.
“The support for the show has been phenomenal both locally and regionally and this year we’re delighted to welcome Book In Style as our main sponsor.”
Highlights of this year’s two-day show include:
* Displays from the country’s top exhibitors with many gold-medal winners from the top RHS shows,
* Gardening celebrities and experts sharing their knowledge and experience in the gardening theatre
* Trade stands offering the best in gardening products and furniture
* A spectacular 110m amateur marquee creating a blaze of colour
* The show hosts regional competitions for the North West Sweet Pea Society and the Rose Society UK
* A chance to see the historic Astley Hall decked out in floral displays
* Plenty of family entertainment, including live music from local artists and a chance to walk on our floating bridge
* Delicious food vendors selling local produce, afternoon teas, picnic food and more.
“If you enjoy gardening or like plants and flowers then it is definitely worth attending if you’ve not been before,” said Ms Huddleston.
“We have lots of the elements of the big RHS shows but the tickets are more affordable, and we offer free parking too, which we know is really important to visitors.
“There is a real friendly atmosphere and we pride ourselves on giving people a fantastic day out.”
Andrew McKenna, General Manager at Book In Style, added: “Book in Style is really excited to be supporting the 2019 Chorley Flower Show. As a local, independent travel business we always look to support local events and we’re delighted that our team will be there on both days with our flower-themed stand to meet visitors and talk about holidays, travel and gardening.”
More information and tickets are available at chorleyflowershow.com with advance tickets from £10 for adults and £1.50 for children plus booking fee.