Before we know it Autumn will be upon us and so will this music festival……
Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that Clitheroe Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival will be returning for the third year to The Grand on Sunday 13th October!
A former Victorian cinema, The Grand is a Grade II listed building and was transformed into a ground-breaking performing arts venue in 2008. It is one of the most incredible live performance spaces in the north of England and the alchemy between artist and audience is heightened by the intimacy of the room and the clarity of the acoustics. Legendary artists from all over the world have performed here and mindful of this tradition, the line-up at this year is headlined by Albert Lee and five other bands at the pinnacle of their profession!
Albert Lee is one of the most respected and renowned guitarists in music history and over his long and illustrious career he has worked with The Everly Brothers, Eric Clapton, Emmylou Harris and The Crickets…….and many more
The British-born country-rock artist started his career during the emerging rock ‘n’ roll scene of sixties London, when he swapped bands with the likes of Jimmy Page and Chris Farlowe. “The ultimate virtuoso. His skill is extraordinary, his ear is extraordinary and he’s gifted on just about every level.” – Eric Clapton. After moving to the U.S. and assimilating himself into the country music scene, Albert quickly garnered a reputation as one of the fastest guitar players in the business. He recorded a number of solo albums, and won a Grammy in 2002 for his contribution on ‘Foggy Mountain Breakdown’ and in 2014 he was awarded with the Bonzo Bash Legends Award
Have a look and listen to Albert play “I’m Ready” live at Rockpalast in 2017 at www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQHbHDfOZBg and playing on stage with Eric Clapton & Sheryl Crow at Crossroads Guitar Festival in 2007 www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkCZWuo1ThE
The full line up is as follows:
- Albert Lee –what else is there to say!
- Dani Wilde – with five successful studio albums under her belt delving deep into her blues and Americana influences, she has earned her reputation as a world-class singer and songwriter!
- Crow Black Chicken – formed in Cork, Ireland in 2009, the trio combine elements of folk and hard rock with the blues rock and draw comparison with the sound and presence of ZZ Top!
- Storm Warning– lauded by the UK blues press as a classy, contemporary blues band, they play superbly crafted original blues rock songs and breathing new life into blues standards!
- The Luke Doherty Band – since he found an old music VHS in a cupboard when he was 7 years old, featuring several Blues players, Luke is never happier than when he is playing Blues!
. Deep Blues Sea – the band’s music has been defined as 21st century blues – new shoots from the old roots – taking the blues out for a walk in the sun and the rain, the here and now!
No need to worry about searching for food and drinks on the day either, there will be a range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, real ales available and a varied menu that should meet everyone’s taste!
Don’t miss out on Clitheroe Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival on Sunday 13th October
The festival takes place at The Grand, 8 York Street, Clitheroe, Lancashire BB7 2DL
Early Bird tickets are only £25.00 and can be purchased online at www.solidentertainments.com/blues/clitheroe/tickets.html
Face Value Ticket (no booking fee) Tel: 01472 349 222 – Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm
To find out more about line up and the festival in general, please visit www.solidentertainments.com/blues/clitheroe/index.html
Don’t be late, doors open at 1.30pm and the music starts at 2.00pm and ends at 10.00pm.