St Helens Council is currently holding a public consultation on its ambitious plans to transform the borough, with a draft 30-year vision for growth, known as the Preferred Options of the Local Plan.
The Preferred Options sets out how many new homes need to be built and how much employment land needs to be found in order to secure future growth.
The consultation closes at 12pm on Monday 30 January 2017, and in order to make a response to the consultation, residents must complete an official form.
Residents can comment by using the online consultation form, which can also be accessed at www.sthelens.gov.uk/localplan.
Alternatively, copies of the form can be downloaded at www.sthelens.gov.uk/localplan, while hard copies are available at the Town Hall Planning Reception and local libraries.
Completed forms should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to St Helens Local Plan Preferred Options, St Helens Council, Development Plans, Town Hall, Victoria Square, St Helens, WA10 1HP.
The council is to hold a number of drop-in sessions at libraries across St Helens. These sessions are open to all and will give residents an opportunity to view the plan and speak to members of the council’s Planning Policy team:
· Eccleston Library, Wednesday 7 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Garswood Library, Thursday 8 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Haydock Library, Friday 9 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Central Library, Saturday 10 December, 11:00am – 3:30pm and Saturday 14 January, 11:00am – 3:30pm
· Rainford Library, Monday 12 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Chester Lane Library, Tuesday 13 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Newton-le-Willows Library, Thursday 15 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Rainhill Library, Monday 19 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· Thatto Heath Library, Tuesday 20 December, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
· St.Helens Town Hall, Wednesday 21 December, 10:00am – 5:30pm and Thursday 12 January, 10:00am – 5:30pm