People who need to contact West Lancashire Borough Council’s emergency out-of-hours phoneline on Saturday 16 September 2017 are being advised they may experience some disruption.
The main Council number 01695 577177 is available to the public out of office hours for emergencies only. Essential maintenance is being carried out at the Council offices in Derby Street, Ormskirk, on Saturday 16 September 2017 and the phoneline may be out of action for short periods.
Normal service will resume when works are completed, and the Council expects works to be finished on Saturday 16 September 2017.
Any updates regarding the potential disruption that become available to the Council prior to Saturday 16 November 2017 will be posted on the website www.westlancs.gov.uk.
In case of emergencies involving fire, ambulance and police please call 999.
If your call is of an urgent nature the following telephone numbers may be useful:
- Police non-emergency number: 101
- Fire non–emergency number: Ormskirk Fire Station – 01695 572223; Skelmersdale Fire Station – 01695 723853
- Health non-emergency number: 111
- Lancashire County Council: 0300 123 6701
- Environment Agency: 0378 506 506
- National Grid Gas: 0800 111999
- United Utilities: 0345 672 3723
- Power cut: Call Electricity North West on 105
- Out of hours homelessness emergency line: 0845 371 0898
Councillor Ian Moran, Leader of West Lancashire Borough Council, said: “The Council apologises for any disruption caused due to the essential maintenance and thanks you in advance for your patience.”
Many Borough Council services can be accessed online 24 hours a day, seven days a week by visiting www.westlancs.gov.uk.