Chorley will be bursting with colour next week as displays from the most talented exhibitors in the country make their way to Astley Park for the annual Chorley Flower Show.
Garden enthusiasts can look forward to enjoying this year’s show on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 July which promises to be a great day out with celebrity guests Carol Klein and Adam Frost.
Now in its fourth year, the Chorley Council run event is a firm favourite on the horticultural map and is set to be a great day out.
Councillor Alistair Bradley, Leader of Chorley Council said: “Chorley Flower Show is our biggest events and it’s gone from strength to strength each year with such great feedback from people who have attended.
“We’ve already sold thousands of tickets for this year’s show and we can’t wait to see everyone having a good time and enjoying the floral displays around Astley Park.
“The event is just around the corner so we’d advise people to take advantage of the 20% discounted ticket price which run until Wednesday 25 July.”
The two-day event, held on 28 and 29 July in Astley Park, will include:
· A professional exhibitors’ marquee featuring gold-medal winning entrants from some of the country’s biggest shows
· A gardening theatre featuring talks and demonstrations from special guests Adam Frost and Carol Klein
· Horticultural trade stands offering the best quality in garden products
· An amateur marquee incorporating flower and pot plant classes and floral art – you can get your entries in at chorleyflowershow.com – with regional competitions hosted by the National Sweet Pea Society and Rose Society UK
· The chance to take a tour of the historic Astley Hall, which will be decked out with floral decorations
· Family entertainment, including art and craft activities and children’s rides
· A chance to relax and enjoy a wide range of food and drink and afternoon tea in the showground
There is currently some restricted access in Astley Park and the showground area will be completely closed to the public from Wednesday 25 July.
To purchase a ticket for the flower show, please visit chorleyflowershow.com or go to either of the following locations; the council’s offices at Union Street, Malcolm’s Musicland on Chapel Street, Café Ambio in Astley Park or Botany Bay.
Advanced tickets are sold at a 20% cheaper rate, with adult tickets at £8 and children’s tickets at £1.50 until Wednesday 25 July.