Chorley town centre will be the host to an exciting new community food event that will showcase some of the best food and drink within the borough.
A Taste of Chorley will bring together a variety of local businesses and food producers from within the Chorley borough, along with organisations offering advice on healthy eating and lifestyles, sustainable food along with demonstrations of simple tasty recipes that anyone can cook.
The event, which will be held on Saturday 24 June from 11am, will take place across the Town Centre incorporating local businesses along with a market area on Fazakerley Street with activities, competitions, information, food and drink, and entertainment.
Alistair Bradley Leader of Chorley Council, said “A taste of Chorley is a fantastic new event that will showcase the fantastic food businesses and producers we have in the borough”
“The day promises to be a great family day with lots to see, do, taste and hear. Professional chefs will be demonstrating simple but tasty dishes for people to taste, that they can then go away to cook for their friends and family, with all the food sourced by from local producers.
“Local business will be offering food tasting, discounts and offers whilst there will be the opportunity to gain advice and information on healthy eating and lifestyles, eating on a budget and even showcase your own Chorley cakes.
“Events such as this are important to show what Chorley has to offer and attract visitors into the town centre to boost the local economy. We hope that people will come to see and take part in all the activities going on and then relax with some food and listen to the free entertainment”
The event has a number of different aspects and opportunities that people can get involved with.
· Fazakerley Street will host a variety of stalls selling food and drink alongside advice from local organisations offering information on healthy lifestyle choices.
· Demonstrations from professional chefs of simple but tasty 30 minute meals, sourced from local ingredients, for people to taste.
· Free entertainment including a variety of different musical acts for you to enjoy whilst you sample the tasty food on offer
· Totally Locally Chorley will be hosting a Hotpot trail across six different traders where visitors will not only sample different interpretations on the famous dish but will also be the judges.
· Businesses from across the town centre will be having tasting opportunities along with a variety of special offers for the day which will include the Totally Locally Fiver Fest.
· Budding amateur cooks have the opportunity to take part in the A Taste of Chorley – Chorley Cake competition, with the opportunity to win a £20 voucher.
The competition will have three age group categories:
• Primary School – age 11 and under
• Secondary School – age 11 to 16
• Adult – age 17+
For more information of entry and also criteria search A Taste of Chorley on Facebook or Chorley.gov.uk or call 01257 515151
A full brochure of the Event will be available on the day which will have full details of all the activities, entertainment, demonstrations and organisations taking part.